Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Easy to Make Christmas Gifts by Students!!

At this time of year, I like to take time with my students to make things to decorate for Christmas. Thanks to Pinterest, we have done some very cute projects recently. 

Crystal at Little Bit Funky.com shows you how to create these really cute reindeer ornaments for them to give to their parents for Christmas. My students really loved making these today. The paint dried so quickly, they were able to add eyes, antlers, and a nose using black and red sharpies. The sharpies made the eyes and nose have a metallic shine. The children thought that was pretty neat. Click on the first picture to go to her site to see how to make these super easy ornaments. I bought mine at Michael's at a 50% off sale last night, so the 8 ornaments only cost 50 cents a piece. I had my students sit on the carpet to decorate them because if they dropped the ornament, there was less likely a chance that the ornament would break. I am having the students decorate a bag and they will wrap them in tissue and bring them home in the decorated bag for their parents. I wrote their name and the year on the bottom of each ornament.



Recently, we also made these: We will be adding ribbon to these tomorrow and hanging them in our classroom for our Christmas party. I will send them home on the 14th so that the students can enjoy them on their own tree for a few weeks too. Click on the first picture below to go to Mrs. Morrow's Kindergarten class to see how she made these. The reindeer AND Santa ornaments look really great when put together on her class tree. She has a number of other cute projects. We may be doing the student elves that she has hanging from her ceiling. We may do them with our 4th grade buddies. They look really great!




For the Santa handprint, I used three containers of paint. I mixed red and white to make Santa's face. After each child pushed their hand onto the paper, I let them add a little more of each color over the parts of their hand that didn't come out very dark. The students thought these were fun to make!

Do you have a great link for a Christmas craft you do with your students? Please share it here!

Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great ideas!!!
    Every year I usually have my students make a handprint calendar but this year I have too many kids and too many broken homes to make such a big and time consuming item. These will be great for this year.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the large number of students in my class is what brought me to search out an easy to do project. The reindeer ornament balls were all done for 24 students within an hour...including drying time. I found that with the paper reindeer, the least amount of paint on the thumb worked best. With the reindeer on the ornament balls, they came out better with fully loaded thumbs! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Christina! Thanks so much for highlighting me at CF! I am glad to come across your blog. Looks like a lot of cute ideas here! I'm going to share this post at my FB page. If you get a chance, can you give me the link to your CF post? Thanks!

    FlapJack Educational Resources

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Here is the link: http://www.classroomfreebies.com/2012/12/classroom-freebies-five-million-times.html
      I will also put it on your blog too in a message. I have to say, I loved your videos too.

      Delete
  4. I've gotten so many wonderful ideas from other teachers through blogging and pinterest. I was sooooooooooooo excited to see that someone was able to use any idea from my little blog. It made me smile! Your parents are going to LOVE all of these special ornaments. There is a really sweet little poem to go home with ornaments. Have you seen that??? Enjoy your holidays!
    Michelle
    mrsmorrowskindergarteners.blogspot.com
    mmorrow@lexington1.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the poem is SWEEEET! I plan on putting it on the back of the Santa ones before they go home. The students truly loved making these. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...