Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Crafts You Can Use Right Now


I am pleased to let you know that once a month, I will be linking up with some wonderful bloggers to bring you three of the month's top Pinterest picks that can be used immediately in your classrooms! Here are my top 3!


Click on image to view original Pinterest link

Crystal at littlebitfunky.com has a wonderful tutorial on how to easily make these for your classroom. I started to make these about two years ago. Last year, I even did 24 of these by myself, though it is better to have another adult help if possible. The thing I REALLY love about these is that when the child pulls his/her thumb away from the ornament, it leaves a fuzzy look for the reindeer face. I let the ornaments dry and let the students later add the two eyes, antlers, and nose with colored sharpies. I like that the sharpies seemed to go right through the paint and create a kind of metallic look. Make sure to have the students put their names on the bottom of each ornament BEFORE painting the thumb print.


Click on image to view original Pinterest link.

Corrina Gandara at Surfin' Through Second Grade created this awesome template and directions for a very cute ornament you can have your students make. The template does have some tiny pieces. I teach kindergarten, so I had some parents cut these pieces out ahead of time and had our 4th grade Buddies help us assemble these. When the Buddies left, we colored our elves and added sequins for buttons and tiny scraps of cloth for decoration. We also added tiny pompoms to the tips of their hats. I made these a few years ago and hope to make them again with our class. When I hung them up, I hung them so that their hands were all touching so it looked like our elves were holding hands across the wall. They LOVED it. I later punched a small hole in the top and strung thin Christmas ribbon and sent it home as an ornament with the year written on the back. I highly recommend this project.


Click on image to view original Pinterest link AND get a bonus snowglobe project idea too!

Is that picture not ADORABLE? ARTventurous has a directed drawing/painting tutorial on how to make this picture with your students. I love that even though this is a directed drawing project, it uses three different mediums and every single child's project looks different! This project uses pencil, oil pastels, and paint. This project was made with first graders.

It is my hope that you have found something wonderful here that you can use immediately with your students. I know each of these projects brought happiness and class bonding to my room.

If you liked these ideas, look below and follow the linky's to other great ideas times three at each of these blogs.








4 comments:

  1. The reindeer ornaments are adorable. So simple and so cute!

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you use acrylic paint they dry within the hour and you can decorate them on the same day they are painted. I'm glad you liked them.

      Delete
  2. Very cute ornaments! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I highly appreciate the opportunity to be part of the linky. It is a great way to get to know other bloggers!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...