Friday, February 27, 2015

Create a Free Avatar for Fun!

Avatars are so fun to create. Today, I created an avatar for myself. I have naturally curly hair and the site I used didn't really have an option for what my crazy hair can look like on a bad day, but it did have an option for what my hair might look like on a pretty good day when I straighten it out.





If you'd like to create your own avatar, you can do it using something offered by a company called My Blue Robot. It is free, though they do ask at the end if you'd like to make a donation to Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis.

Though the website is fairly user-friendly, I have a tutorial for you here:

This is what the main page looks like.


Choose what gender you'd like to create.

Choose a face shape. 
Choose a skin color.

Choose what you'd like your iris to look like.

You can also choose the color and shape of your eyes.

Choose your hairstyle.

You can alter natural hair color if you wish.

Choose an eyebrow shape.
Use the directional arrows to tilt eyebrows.

Choose a mouth.
You may tilt or widen it using directionals.

Choose a nose.
Use the zoom to enlarge or make smaller.

Choose an ear shape.
Some hairstyles do not show ears.

Choose a clothing style.
Use the color swatches or wheel to change color.

Glasses can be added.
Styles and color can be chosen.
Use directionals to lower or raise glasses.
Use zoom to make smaller or bigger.

Choose a background.
Or leave blank if you prefer.

Backgrounds can be colored as well.

Click "download" on lower right corner.
It will go straight to your downloads folder.

Finished product!
Have fun with it!

I uploaded mine to Microsoft Publisher and added words to mine and a border too. I forgot to add that you can also zoom the actual picture in or out and tilt the head either direction as well if you'd like.

I hope you have fun trying this out! I did.


For more tips, follow me on Facebook and Teachers Pay Teachers.


Enjoy,






2 comments:

  1. What a fun find. It looks like something that would be fun to test out. Thanks for sharing.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! It is fun and really easy to do!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...