1. I homeschooled my children before choosing to teach other's children.
2. I have been teaching kindergarten for 8 years.
3. On my first day of teaching, I began a journey that took me through two credential programs and a Master's degree in five years.
4. For over 10 years, I have run my own Orton-Gillingham-based tutoring consulting business for students who struggle with dyslexia and dysgraphia.
5. I have been married for almost 20 years and I have 2 children.
6. For the last 6 years, I have worked with the junior high youth group at my church.
7. I have attended the same church for almost 25 years and have always been actively involved in many of the activities.
8. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I especially enjoy reading WWII biographies and autobiographies.
9. I love learning new ways to teach with technology.
10. I love the going to the ocean and camping, especially when I get to that with my family and friends.